Thursday, June 05, 2008

Sharkfest is looming in the near future!

Can you believe that sharkfest is soooo close. I will be glad when it is all over. In fact I spend a lot of my time envisioning myself getting out of the water, or is it crawling, after I am done and knowing that I did it. But I will have to say, the whole shark thing is still haunting me. So I thought I would try and make light of it. So here are a few photos to keep us all in good spirits.

This is the information that Dave posted in his email link about the odds of being attacked by a shark.

What are the odds of being attacked by a shark?

0.000000015%

Scared to go swimming? Jaws getting to you?
Don't fret, the odds of being attacked by a shark are pretty slim, about 1 in 65,000,000.
In you live in America your chances do increase, not because sharks prefer American food, but because American have good access to the Oceans.
The odds of being involved in a shark in America attack go up to 1 in 10,000,000.

Happy swimming, but watch out for the flying piranhas.



But I beg to differ. If you are swimming in shark infested waters, doesn't your odds increase by A LOT? And what about his photo? What are the odds of this happening?































And here is the thing I don't get...
You would think Tracey would take this more seriously after already having one run in with a shark.





















And last but not least, some helpful information in case "one" of us gets attacked by a shark...
















Well enough freaking myself out about sharks tonight. Hope everyone is "excited" as I am.

Lorri

2 comments:

Steff said...

That picture of Tracey is HILARIOUS! Matt and I got a good laugh. That was great. Thanks.

Becca said...

HAHAHA...photoshop what a GREAT thing! I can't wait to see a picture of aunt lorri!! haha